Monday, November 17, 2008

Enigmatic chocolate


I've never imagined that one day I would see one of the most famous Italian Renaissance painting being used to wrap a chocolate bar...not quite the original one. Thank, God!

I have mentioned that I buy things attracted by the colors of it's package so here is one example. This graphic version of da Vinci's Mona Lisa is funny and I see it as a great tool to bring Art next to the masses. Wegman's(a local upscale grocery chain) have released 4 different  packs, one for each flavor and all are colorful, fun and modern. Even the American flag wraps one of the flavors. 

On Mona Lisa's case I wonder how the copyrights works...
Does Wegman's have to pay copyrights to Leonardo's state or to the Italian government? 
I have no clue but I love the idea of now being able to taste that enigmatic smile on each chocolate bite that actually tastes really good. 

Pop Art can be profitable and daliciuus

No comments: