Monday, May 3, 2010

Opening Mother's Day celebrations

Create an exquisite necklace for your mother using a substantial Murano glass heart pendant by Murano Glass. You can always create a beaded bail and run through your favorite chain or build a rosary-style linked necklace like this one I created using 20 gauge of gold filled wire or if you want to keep the cost lower replace with German style wire from Beadalon. 
I bought these died glass roundels back in February at the TBTB Show in Tucson and although is a fake
"quartz" bead I loved this velvety texture that glows on this bloody red. I off set the symmetry using few white alabaster Swarovski Elements in similar shape and I added a second milefiliore glass bead on tear drop shape. I like how Murano glass beads can bring any piece of jewelry to a higher level and I think once is combined with high end crystals it turns into a nice replacement for colored gemstones. Imagine this necklace made with 14 Ky. gold wire, rubies and a carved coral heart...it would cost you 5 times more than this one created by me. 



"Milefiliore d'amore" necklace. Design by Fernando Dasilva © 2010.


No comments: