Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FROM MARILYN MONROE TO FARRAH FAWCETT









When I created this blog I promised to myself that I'd talk about things I like and things that influences me as a designer and as a person. Unfortunately sometimes things are not so good but is real life.

I grow up in Brazil watching many American TV Shows and "Charlie's Angels" topped my list of favorites . One of the major reasons of my fascination for those 3 female private agents was because of the stellar presence of Farrah Fawcett in the cast. Farrah to me was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen on TV. She had the most recognizable face and smile of the 70's. In my world of seductive, beautiful, glamorous female stars there was only Marilyn Monroe before Farrah. Those two were to me the most beautiful samples of an American blond babe.
I missed her when she quit the show and never understood why she did not make big on movies. Down on the road I have learned about her ups and downs as an actor but regardless she will remain in my heart forever. Farrah still tops the list of those strong women that surrounded my childhood and my adult life.
Beautiful, talented, brave and a pioneer.

Farrah is a real American icon.



No comments: